How to remove (uninstall) SearchYa effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is SearchYa?
SearchYa is adware that can be harmful to your PC. After installation this virus quickly changes the browser home page and creates popping up advertisement. Virus components get into the system registry therefore it turns out to be not an easy task to remove such an application. This application is usually downloaded in the bunch with some free software, torrent files, various patches for video games and any other free apps and files. Adding malware into different builds could be a website owner’s business letting him earn more money. A downloader is an application providing you with the necessary file, nevertheless it also brings different ad offers that are well-known to any user: bad software with irritating ads popping up in the browser, links with bad redirections, programs setting a new browser starting page and so on. SearchYa belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove SearchYa Simply
There are many methods to uninstall SearchYa from your computer. You can look through the article entirely and choose the needed method. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will delete the undesired adware. According to my experience, it is better to install and run effective SearchYa Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a separate type of computer infections is the most efficient. You can also download any other antivirus tool that has SearchYa in the signature base. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall SearchYa 100%, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes SearchYa right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual SearchYa removing
Step 1. Uninstall SearchYa from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SearchYa in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SearchYa from your browser
Remove SearchYa from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SearchYa” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SearchYa removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SearchYa from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SearchYa removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SearchYa from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SearchYa removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SearchYa from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SearchYa?
Below you will find the recommendations which would help you avoid SearchYa installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share our tips with your family and friends just because they will definitely help you keep your PC protected from SearchYa and any other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and just download the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we advise you to leave it. And remember to scan your PC after that!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes that are unneeded for you and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you do not recall having downloaded any applications it would be reasonable to scan your system for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||97,1%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
Complete removal of SearchYa
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware eliminator that quickly removes all types of malware including the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to delete SearchYa yourself. It guarantees the best safety of your system due to regular updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall SearchYa (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab