How to remove (uninstall) Secure Dossier ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Secure Dossier?
Secure Dossier is a harmful advertising program. After installation process is over this virus changes the home page and generates ad pop-ups. Virus files get into the registry thus it is not an easy task to uninstall such an application. Most users often get such harmful app in the package with various free applications or with torrents from websites they don’t know well. Actually, it is a way to get more money for some owners of websites – they embed dangerous software into the build and thus promote it. A downloader is an app providing you with the sought file, nevertheless it also brings different ad offers which are known to users: unneeded software with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser, links with bad redirections, apps setting a new browser homepage etc. By the way, Secure Dossier is true malware.
How to remove Secure Dossier Easily
There are many methods to uninstall Secure Dossier from the system. You can look through the guide completely and choose the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the easiest and the promptest way of removal, so I should mention the software that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and run efficient Secure Dossier Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a individual type of computer infections is the most effective. It is also possible to download any other antivirus program that has Secure Dossier in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Secure Dossier completely, you can install it clicking this button.
- It removes Secure Dossier right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Secure Dossier removing
Step 1. Uninstall Secure Dossier from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Secure Dossier in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Secure Dossier from your browser
Remove Secure Dossier from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Secure Dossier” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Secure Dossier removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Secure Dossier from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Secure Dossier removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Secure Dossier from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Secure Dossier removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Secure Dossier from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Secure Dossier?
Below you can see some recommendations which would help you avoid Secure Dossier installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send our advice with your nearest and dearest just because they will really help you keep your computer secured from Secure Dossier and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you got them from the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and get the app they need. However, eventually this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for instance, it functions slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the all installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes which are irrelevant and you don’t want to install.
- Even if you do not remember downloading anything it would be reasonable to inspect your system for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
100% Secure Dossier Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware eliminator that easily and quickly deletes all kinds of adware and malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not delete Secure Dossier manually. It provides the best level security to your system thanks to daily upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall Secure Dossier (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab