How to remove (uninstall) Secure Search adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Secure Search?
Secure Search is a dangerous adware app. After installation this virus changes your home page and generates ad pop-ups. Virus files are saved into the registry so it turns out to be not an easy thing to delete this app. A habitual example of getting virus to your PC is when you download a song or anything else from a torrents website or any other website offering free software. Inserting malicious software into any type of software builds could be a website owner’s business helping him earn more money. A file downloader is an app that provides a user with the sought file, but it also brings different offers that are known to all users: malware with irritating pop-up ads in the browser, link redirections, programs setting a new browser homepage and so forth. Secure Search belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Secure Search Easily
There are several methods to uninstall Secure Search from your PC. You are welcome to examine the page completely and choose the needed way of removal. Speaking about the facilest and the fastest technique of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to find and use effective Secure Search Removal Tool. Removal application that was written for a single type of viruses is the most efficient. It is also possible to download any other antivirus program that has Secure Search in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Secure Search completely, you are welcome to download it clicking this download button.
- It removes Secure Search right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Secure Search removing
Step 1. Uninstall Secure Search from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Secure Search in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Secure Search from your browser
Remove Secure Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Secure Search” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Secure Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Secure Search from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Secure Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Secure Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Secure Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Secure Search from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Secure Search?
Below you can see the useful recommendations that will help you avoid Secure Search installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share those advice with your family and friends as they will definitely help you keep the computer safe and protected from Secure Search and any other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the web pages you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and download the needed application. However, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or there are too many bright banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And remember to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the all installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes which are irrelevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even if you do not remember downloading anything it would make sense to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
How to fully remove Secure Search
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware uninstaller that permanently deletes all kinds of adware and malware and even the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to uninstall Secure Search manually as well. It guarantees the highest level of protection to your system because it downloads daily updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall Secure Search (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab