How to remove (uninstall) Secure-surf.net (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Secure-surf.net?
Secure-surf.net is malicious advertisement software which can infest your computer. After being installed this virus immediately changes your home page and creates ad pop-ups. Virus components get into the registry so it appeares to be not an easy thing to uninstall such an application. A typical situation for downloading virus to your computer is when you try to download a movie or anything else from torrents or any other website with free applications. Adding malware into different software builds could be a business the website owner runs letting him get more money. We suggest that you not count on download assistants too much – please remember that these apps often do a lot of unneeded things – for instance, from changing the home page in your browser to downloading to your PC adware, malware and even viruses. Not to exaggerate, Secure-surf.net is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Secure-surf.net Easily
There are a lot of ways to uninstall Secure-surf.net from the system. You can read the guide entirely and perform the effective removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the fastest technique of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to download and use effective Secure-surf.net Removal Tool. Removal software that was written for a individual kind of viruses is the most efficient. You can also download any other antivirus tool that has Secure-surf.net in the signature base. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Secure-surf.net completely, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes Secure-surf.net right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Secure-surf.net removing
Step 1. Uninstall Secure-surf.net from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Secure-surf.net in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Secure-surf.net from your browser
Remove Secure-surf.net from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Secure-surf.net” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Secure-surf.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Secure-surf.net from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Secure-surf.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Secure-surf.net from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Secure-surf.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Secure-surf.net from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Secure-surf.net?
Here you can find the useful recommendations which will help you prevent installation of Secure-surf.net and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to send our tips with your friends and family members since they will certainly allow you to keep the computer safe and protected from Secure-surf.net and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you got them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the same mistake and just download the needed application. However, later this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a web page seems to be suspicious – for example, it functions too slowly or there are too many bright banners – we recommend you to close it. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the all installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes which don’t seem relevant and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you do not remember having downloaded anything it would make sense to scan your system for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
100% Secure-surf.net Removal
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware eliminator which easily removes all types of malware and even the apps that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not delete Secure-surf.net manually. It will provide the best security to your PC thanks to regular upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Secure-surf.net (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab