How to remove (uninstall) ServerTest adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is ServerTest?
ServerTest is malicious software that belongs to adware applications. After installation this virus immediately changes the home page and brings popping up advertisement. Virus files are saved to the registry thus it turns out to be not easy to remove this app. This application is usually downloaded in the bunch with free apps, torrents, different patches for video games and other free files. Actually, it is another way to get more money for some owners of websites – they add dangerous software into the build and thus promote it. A downloader is an app that provides a user with the sought file, but it also brings various offers which are well-known to all users: unneeded software with annoying advertisement popping up in the browser, redirected links, apps that change browser homepage and so on. Not to exaggerate, ServerTest is a realy malicious application.
How to remove ServerTest Easily
There are a lot of methods to uninstall ServerTest from the computer. You are welcome to look through the guide till the end and choose the effective removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should mention the programs that will help. According to my experience, the best way is to download and use effective ServerTest Removal Tool. Removal software that was released for a individual type of malware is the most active. It is also possible to run any other antivirus program that has ServerTest in the signature base. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall ServerTest completely, you are welcome to download it using this download button.
- It removes ServerTest right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual ServerTest removing
Step 1. Uninstall ServerTest from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain ServerTest in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall ServerTest from your browser
Remove ServerTest from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “ServerTest” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use ServerTest removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall ServerTest from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use ServerTest removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall ServerTest from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use ServerTest removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall ServerTest from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from ServerTest?
Here you will find the tips which will help you avoid ServerTest installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to send those tips with your nearest and dearest just because they will certainly help you keep your computer protected from ServerTest and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the web pages you do not know well. People quite often make the same mistake and just download the needed application. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to close it. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes that don’t look relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall having downloaded any software it would be smart to scan your system for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||91,0%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
100% ServerTest Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller that permanently removes all kinds of adware and malware and even the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to remove ServerTest yourself. It guarantees the best protection to your computer due to regular upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall ServerTest (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab