How to remove (uninstall) ServiceLegacy (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is ServiceLegacy?
ServiceLegacy is malicious software that belongs to adware applications. As adware is installed it will change your home page in browser and add various annoying ads to it. It’s a serious challenge to entirely remove this virus because its files are installed to the registry. Users typically get such malicious software in the package with shareware apps or with torrents from sites they do not really know. Inserting dangerous programs into various software builds could be a website owner’s business helping him earn more. We suggest that you not count on download assistants too much – please remember that they typically do many unwanted things – for instance, from replacing a home page in your browser to downloading to your PC adware, malware and even viruses. By the way, ServiceLegacy is true malware.
How to remove ServiceLegacy Easily
There are numerous ways to uninstall ServiceLegacy from the system. You can look through the guide till the end and use the wanted method. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will help. According to my experience, it is better to find and run special ServiceLegacy Removal Tool. Removal application that was released especially for a separate kind of viruses is the most active. You can also download any other antivirus tool that has ServiceLegacy in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall ServiceLegacy completely, you are welcome to get it clicking this button.
- It removes ServiceLegacy right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual ServiceLegacy removing
Step 1. Uninstall ServiceLegacy from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain ServiceLegacy in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall ServiceLegacy from your browser
Remove ServiceLegacy from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “ServiceLegacy” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use ServiceLegacy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall ServiceLegacy from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use ServiceLegacy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall ServiceLegacy from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use ServiceLegacy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall ServiceLegacy from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from ServiceLegacy?
Below you will see some recommendations that will help you avoid ServiceLegacy installation and browser infection. Feel free to show those advice with your family and friends just because they will certainly allow you to keep your PC protected from ServiceLegacy and other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you got them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and just download the program they were looking for. However, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we advise you to close it. And don’t forget to scan your PC after that!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all checkboxes which don’t look relevant for you and you do not want to install.
- Even if you do not recall downloading any software it would make sense to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
100% ServiceLegacy Removal
Spyhunter is the most effective malware uninstaller which easily and quickly deletes all kinds of malware and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not uninstall ServiceLegacy manually. It guarantees the best security to your PC due to regular upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall ServiceLegacy (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab