How to remove (uninstall) Smart-redirect.link easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Smart-redirect.link?
Smart-redirect.link is adware which can infest your PC. After being installed this virus changes the browser home page and generates popping up advertisement. Since this malware is located in the system registry it is not that simple thing to remove this adware on your PC. This application is usually downloaded together with some free programs, torrents, unofficial patches for computer games and any other shareware apps and files. Actually, it is another way to get more money for some owners of websites – they embed harmful apps into the build and promote it. We recommend you not to count on file downloaders too much – remember that they typically do many really bad things from changing the home page of a browser to downloading viruses and malware. Not to exaggerate, Smart-redirect.link is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Smart-redirect.link Simply
There are several techniques to remove Smart-redirect.link from the computer. You are welcome to examine the guide till the end and perform the wanted removal technique. If we speak about the easiest and the fastest method of removal, so I should say about the programs that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to install and run efficient Smart-redirect.link Removal Tool. Removal application that was released especially for a individual kind of computer infections is the most active. You can also use any other antimalware that has Smart-redirect.link in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Smart-redirect.link 100%, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes Smart-redirect.link right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Smart-redirect.link removing
Step 1. Uninstall Smart-redirect.link from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Smart-redirect.link in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Smart-redirect.link from your browser
Remove Smart-redirect.link from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Smart-redirect.link” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Smart-redirect.link removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Smart-redirect.link from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Smart-redirect.link removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Smart-redirect.link from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Smart-redirect.link removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Smart-redirect.link from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Smart-redirect.link?
Below you will see some tips that would help you avoid Smart-redirect.link installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share those advice with your family and friends since they will definitely allow you to keep the computer protected from Smart-redirect.link and other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the web pages you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and just download the program they were searching for. However, later this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And remember to check your PC for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all things that are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- Even in case if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would make sense to inspect your system for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
100% Smart-redirect.link Removal
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware eliminator that permanently removes all kinds of adware and malware including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to uninstall Smart-redirect.link manually as well. It provides the highest level of safety of your computer thanks to daily updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Smart-redirect.link (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab