How to remove (uninstall) SmartEasyMaps (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is SmartEasyMaps?
SmartEasyMaps is malicious adware which can infest your PC. As you install this malware it will set another home page of the browser and irritate you with ads. Virus components get into the system registry therefore it’s not easy to uninstall such an app. Most users typically get this malware with various free software or with torrents from the places they don’t know well. Actually, it is a way to earn money for some of owners of websites – they add harmful apps into the file of installation and thus promote it. A file downloader is an app that provides you with the sought file, however it also installs various offers that are known to all users: malware with annoying ads popping up in a browser, links with bad redirections, applications changing browser starting page etc. By the way, SmartEasyMaps is true malware.
How to remove SmartEasyMaps Simply
There are a lot of ways to remove SmartEasyMaps from the system. You can read the guide till the end and use the effective way of removal. If we speak about the easiest and the promptest technique of removal, so I should mention the software that will delete the unwanted program. As many specialists say, it is better to find and launch special SmartEasyMaps Removal Tool. Removal software that was released especially for a individual kind of computer infections is the most efficient. You can also install any other antivirus tool that has SmartEasyMaps in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall SmartEasyMaps completely, you are welcome to install it using this button.
- It removes SmartEasyMaps right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual SmartEasyMaps removing
Step 1. Uninstall SmartEasyMaps from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SmartEasyMaps in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SmartEasyMaps from your browser
Remove SmartEasyMaps from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SmartEasyMaps” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SmartEasyMaps removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SmartEasyMaps from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SmartEasyMaps removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SmartEasyMaps from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SmartEasyMaps removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SmartEasyMaps from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SmartEasyMaps?
Below you will find some tips which would help you avoid installation of SmartEasyMaps and browser infection. Feel free to share those tips with your nearest and dearest just because they will certainly allow you to keep your computer secured from SmartEasyMaps and any other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People quite often commit the common mistake and download the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we advise you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer after that!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all things which are not relevant and you do not want to install them.
- And even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would be reasonable to scan your system for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
100% SmartEasyMaps Removal
Spyhunter is the most effective eliminator of malware that quickly removes all kinds of adware and malware including those that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to delete SmartEasyMaps manually. It guarantees the highest level of safety of your system because it downloads daily upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall SmartEasyMaps (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab