How to remove (uninstall) SmarterHD effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is SmarterHD?
SmarterHD is malicious adware that can be dangerous to your computer. As adware is installed automatically it will set a new home page in browser and add various annoying ads to it. Virus files move to the registry so it’s not an easy task to delete this application. A habitual situation for obtaining virus to your computer is cases when you download a movie or anything else from a torrents website or any other website with free software. Owners of websites may attempt to monetize content that way and embed malware into the installation file of a program that will be downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is an application providing you with the sought file, however it also installs various ad offers which are known to users: unneeded software with irritating advertisement popping up in the browser, redirected links, programs setting a new browser starting page and so forth. Not to exaggerate, SmarterHD is a realy malicious application.
How to remove SmarterHD Easily
There are several methods to remove SmarterHD from the computer. You can read the guide entirely and use the wanted removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the promptest technique of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will delete the undesired adware. According to my experience, the best way is to install and launch effective SmarterHD Removal Tool. Removal program that was created especially for a separate kind of malware is the most efficient. You can also use any other antimalware that has SmarterHD in the signature base. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall SmarterHD absolutely, you are welcome to download it using this download button.
- It removes SmarterHD right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual SmarterHD removing
Step 1. Uninstall SmarterHD from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SmarterHD in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SmarterHD from your browser
Remove SmarterHD from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SmarterHD” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SmarterHD removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SmarterHD from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SmarterHD removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SmarterHD from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SmarterHD removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SmarterHD from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SmarterHD?
Below you will find the useful recommendations which will help you avoid installation of SmarterHD and issues with browser. Feel free to show our advice with your nearest and dearest since they will really allow you to keep the PC protected from SmarterHD and other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People often make the same mistake and just download the needed application. However, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is full of bright banners – we advise you to close it. And remember to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the all software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all things which don’t seem relevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not remember downloading any applications it would make sense to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
How to fully remove SmarterHD
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful eliminator of malware that easily removes all types of adware and malware and even those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you do not how to delete SmarterHD yourself. It will provide the best level security to your PC due to regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall SmarterHD (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab