How to remove (uninstall) SoftSearches.com adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is SoftSearches.com?
SoftSearches.com is a dangerous adware app. Once adware is automatically installed it will change your browser home page and add different annoying ads to it. Since this malicious app is kept in the registry it could be not that easy to remove this adware on your PC. Most users typically get this harmful app in the package with shareware applications or with torrent files from sites they do not really know. Owners of websites may attempt to monetize content that way and embed malware into the installation file of an application that is downloaded by visitors. We advise you not to count on downloaders too much – remember that these apps typically do a lot of unneeded things – for instance, from setting a home page of a browser to downloading to your PC viruses and malware. SoftSearches.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove SoftSearches.com Easily
There are many ways to uninstall SoftSearches.com from the system. It is better to examine the page entirely and choose the effective method. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and use efficient SoftSearches.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a individual type of computer infections is the most effective. You can also download any other antivirus tool that has SoftSearches.com in the signature base. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove SoftSearches.com completely, you are welcome to get it clicking this button.
- It removes SoftSearches.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual SoftSearches.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall SoftSearches.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SoftSearches.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SoftSearches.com from your browser
Remove SoftSearches.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SoftSearches.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SoftSearches.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SoftSearches.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SoftSearches.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SoftSearches.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SoftSearches.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SoftSearches.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SoftSearches.com?
Below you can find some useful recommendations that will help you avoid SoftSearches.com installation and browser infection. Feel free to share those tips with your family and friends as they will really help you keep the PC secured from SoftSearches.com and other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the web pages you do not know well. People quite often commit the common mistake and just download the app they need. However, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your computer after that!
- Keep attention during the all app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes that are irrelevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not recall having downloaded any software it would make sense to inspect your computer for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
100% SoftSearches.com Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful malware eliminator which quickly removes all types of adware and malware including the apps that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you failed to remove SoftSearches.com yourself. It guarantees the highest level of security to your system because it downloads daily updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall SoftSearches.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab