How to remove (uninstall) Special-alerts.com (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Special-alerts.com?
Special-alerts.com is malicious adware that can infest your PC. Once adware is automatically installed it will change the browser home page and add various ads to it. It’s often a challenge to fully delete this virus since its components are installed to the registry. A usual example of getting virus to to the computer is cases when you try to download a song or any other content from a torrents website or any other site offering free applications. People who own websites from time to time try to monetize content that way by adding malicious software to the archive with a program that is downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is an application providing a user with the necessary file, nevertheless it also installs different offers that are known to all users: unneeded software with annoying advertisement popping up in the browser, redirected links, apps setting a new browser starting page and so forth. Not to exaggerate, Special-alerts.com is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Special-alerts.com Simply
There are numerous methods to remove Special-alerts.com from the system. You are welcome to look through the article completely and use the wanted method. If we speak about the easiest and the promptest technique of removal, so I should notice the programs that will delete the unwanted software. According to my experience, the best way is to install and use special Special-alerts.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was created especially for a separate type of viruses is the most active. You are welcome also to use any other antivirus tool that has Special-alerts.com in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Special-alerts.com absolutely, you can download it clicking this download button.
- It removes Special-alerts.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Special-alerts.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Special-alerts.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Special-alerts.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Special-alerts.com from your browser
Remove Special-alerts.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Special-alerts.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Special-alerts.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Special-alerts.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Special-alerts.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Special-alerts.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Special-alerts.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Special-alerts.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Special-alerts.com?
Here you can see the recommendations which will help you prevent Special-alerts.com installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share our advice with your friends and family members as they will certainly help you keep your computer safe and protected from Special-alerts.com and other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and download the app they need. However, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your PC for viruses!
- Be attentive during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that are irrelevant for you and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded any software it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,9%|
How to fully remove Special-alerts.com
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware uninstaller that easily and quickly deletes all kinds of adware and malware including the apps that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to remove Special-alerts.com manually. It will provide the best level protection to your PC thanks to daily updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Special-alerts.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab