How to remove (uninstall) SpecialSearchOffer ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is SpecialSearchOffer?
SpecialSearchOffer is adware that can infest your computer. As you install this malware it will set another home page in your browser and drive you mad with advertisement. Virus components get to the system registry so it is not an easy task to delete this app. A habitual situation for obtaining virus to to the computer is cases when you try to download a program or other kind of content from a torrents website or any other website with free software. Adding dangerous programs into any type of apps can be a website owner’s business helping him earn more money. A file downloader is a program that provides a user with the sought file, however it also installs different offers that are known to users: bad software with annoying ads popping up in the browser, links with bad redirections, programs setting a new browser homepage etc. SpecialSearchOffer belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove SpecialSearchOffer Easily
There are many ways to uninstall SpecialSearchOffer from the computer. You are welcome to look through the guide completely and use the wanted way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest technique of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will delete the unwanted software. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and use efficient SpecialSearchOffer Removal Tool. Removal software that was released for a individual kind of malware is the most efficient. You can also run any other antivirus tool that has SpecialSearchOffer in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall SpecialSearchOffer absolutely, you can download it clicking this download button.
- It removes SpecialSearchOffer right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual SpecialSearchOffer removing
Step 1. Uninstall SpecialSearchOffer from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SpecialSearchOffer in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SpecialSearchOffer from your browser
Remove SpecialSearchOffer from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SpecialSearchOffer” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SpecialSearchOffer removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SpecialSearchOffer from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SpecialSearchOffer removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SpecialSearchOffer from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SpecialSearchOffer removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SpecialSearchOffer from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SpecialSearchOffer?
Here you can find the recommendations which will help you prevent SpecialSearchOffer installation and browser infection. Feel free to show those suggestions with your family and friends just because they will certainly allow you to keep your PC protected from SpecialSearchOffer and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you do not know well. People often make the common mistake and get the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! If a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it functions slowly or there are too many colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it. And remember to scan your PC after that!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all things which are irrelevant and you do not want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall downloading any software it would make sense to scan your computer for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
Complete removal of SpecialSearchOffer
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware uninstaller which permanently deletes all kinds of malware and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to delete SpecialSearchOffer manually. It guarantees the best level protection to your PC due to daily upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall SpecialSearchOffer (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab