How to remove (uninstall) Sports Search effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Sports Search?
Sports Search is an advertising app that can infest your computer. As you agree to install this virus it will change the home page of your browser and drive you mad with ads. Virus components are saved to the registry and it is not an easy thing to delete such an application. Most users usually download such malware with shareware software or with torrents from the places they do not really know. Actually, it is a way to earn more money for some of website owners – they embed malware into the build and publish it. You are advised to be careful dealing with all those downloaders since they often do countless bad things for example downloading harmful programs, intervening browser settings and many other things. Not to exaggerate, Sports Search is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Sports Search Simply
There are many ways to remove Sports Search from the computer. It is better to examine the guide till the end and perform the wanted removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest technique of removal, so I should say about the programs that will help. According to my experience, the best way is to install and launch efficient Sports Search Removal Tool. Removal application that was created especially for a individual kind of computer infections is the most effective. You can also install any other antivirus software that has Sports Search in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Sports Search 100%, you are welcome to get it clicking this button.
- It removes Sports Search right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Sports Search removing
Step 1. Uninstall Sports Search from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Sports Search in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Sports Search from your browser
Remove Sports Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Sports Search” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Sports Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Sports Search from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Sports Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Sports Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Sports Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Sports Search from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Sports Search?
Below you will find the tips which would help you prevent Sports Search installation and browser infection. Feel free to send those suggestions with your friends and family members just because they will really help you keep your PC secured from Sports Search and any other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and download the needed application. However, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! If a web page seems to be suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And remember to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes that are unneeded for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would make sense to inspect your system for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
Complete removal of Sports Search
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware eliminator that permanently deletes all types of adware and malware including the programs that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to uninstall Sports Search manually as well. It will provide the best level security to your system because it gets daily updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall Sports Search (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab