How to remove (uninstall) Text Keeper adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Text Keeper?
Text Keeper is adware which can cause harm to your computer. As you agree to install this virus it will set another home page in the browser and irritate you with ads. It could be a serious challenge to entirely delete this virus because its files are saved to the PC registry. A typical example of downloading virus to to the computer is cases when you try to download a movie or anything else from a torrents website or any other site offering free content. Actually, it is a way to earn more money for some owners of websites – they merely add harmful apps into the build and publish it. You are advised to be attentive with various file downloaders since pretty often they do lots of bad things including downloading malicious software, breaking settings of your browser and many other things. By the way, Text Keeper is true malware.
How to remove Text Keeper Comfortably
There are numerous ways to uninstall Text Keeper from your computer. You can examine the page entirely and perform the needed method. If we speak about the easiest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should notice the software that will delete the undesired adware. According to my experience, it is better to download and run special Text Keeper Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a single type of malware is the most effective. You are welcome also to install any other antivirus program that has Text Keeper in the signature base. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Text Keeper completely, you are welcome to install it using this button.
- It removes Text Keeper right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Text Keeper removing
Step 1. Uninstall Text Keeper from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Text Keeper in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Text Keeper from your browser
Remove Text Keeper from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Text Keeper” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Text Keeper removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Text Keeper from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Text Keeper removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Text Keeper from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Text Keeper removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Text Keeper from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Text Keeper?
Here you can see some recommendations that will help you prevent Text Keeper installation and browser infection. Feel free to share our advice with your nearest and dearest since they will certainly allow you to keep the PC protected from Text Keeper and other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and just download the program they were looking for. However, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we advise you to leave it. And remember to check your PC after that!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all things that are unneeded and you don’t want to install them.
- And even if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would be reasonable to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,0%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
Complete removal of Text Keeper
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware eliminator that quickly deletes all kinds of adware and malware and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not remove Text Keeper manually as well. It will provide the best protection to your PC due to regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Text Keeper (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab