How to remove (uninstall) Torrent Search (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Torrent Search?
Torrent Search is malicious adware which can cause harm to your computer. Once adware is installed automatically it will change the browser home page and bring lots of ads to it. Virus files are saved to the registry therefore it’s not an easy task to delete such an app. A usual example of obtaining virus to your computer is when you download a movie or anything else from from a new source or any other site with free software. Owners of websites from time to time try to monetize content in such a way by embedding malware to the installation file of an app that is downloaded by visitors. It makes sense to be attentive dealing with various file downloaders because they often do lots of unneeded things for example downloading malware, intervening settings of your browser and many other things. Not to exaggerate, Torrent Search is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Torrent Search Comfortably
There are numerous ways to uninstall Torrent Search from your computer. You are welcome to read the guide entirely and choose the effective way of removal. If we speak about the easiest and the promptest technique of removal, so I should notice the software that will uninstall the undesired adware. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and use efficient Torrent Search Removal Tool. Removal application that was written especially for a separate type of computer infections is the most effective. It is also possible to use any other antivirus tool that has Torrent Search in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Torrent Search 100%, you are welcome to install it using this button.
- It removes Torrent Search right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Torrent Search removing
Step 1. Uninstall Torrent Search from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Torrent Search in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Torrent Search from your browser
Remove Torrent Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Torrent Search” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Torrent Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Torrent Search from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Torrent Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Torrent Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Torrent Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Torrent Search from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Torrent Search?
Below you will find the useful recommendations which will help you avoid installation of Torrent Search and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share those suggestions with your nearest and dearest just because they will certainly help you keep your PC protected from Torrent Search and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the web pages you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and just download the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes that don’t seem relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even if you do not recall downloading any applications it would make sense to inspect your system for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||97,1%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
How to fully remove Torrent Search
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware eliminator that permanently deletes all types of malicious applications and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to uninstall Torrent Search yourself. It will provide the highest level of protection to your PC thanks to regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Torrent Search (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab