How to remove (uninstall) TV Guru easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is TV Guru?
TV Guru is a harmful advertising program. After being installed this virus changes your home page and creates ad pop-ups. Virus components move into the registry so it turns out to be not an easy thing to uninstall this application. A usual situation for downloading virus to your PC is when you try to download a program or other kind of content from from a new source or any other resource offering free applications. Owners of websites may try to monetize content that way and embed malicious software into the installation file of a program downloaded by visitors. A downloader is an application providing a user with the necessary file, however it also brings various offers that are well-known to all users: malware with annoying ads popping up in a browser window, links with bad redirections, programs setting a new browser homepage and so forth. By the way, TV Guru is true malware.
How to remove TV Guru Simply
There are many methods to remove TV Guru from the computer. It is better to examine the guide till the end and use the needed way of removal. Speaking about the easiest and the promptest method of removal, so I should mention the programs that will uninstall the unwanted program. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and run effective TV Guru Removal Tool. Removal software that was released for a separate kind of computer infections is the most active. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus tool that has TV Guru in the signature base. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall TV Guru 100%, you are welcome to download it using this download button.
- It removes TV Guru right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual TV Guru removing
Step 1. Uninstall TV Guru from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain TV Guru in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall TV Guru from your browser
Remove TV Guru from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “TV Guru” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use TV Guru removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall TV Guru from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use TV Guru removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall TV Guru from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use TV Guru removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall TV Guru from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from TV Guru?
Here you will see some tips that will help you avoid TV Guru installation and issues with browser. Feel free to send our tips with your nearest and dearest since they will certainly help you keep your computer protected from TV Guru and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and get the needed application. However, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for instance, it works slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes that don’t look relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall downloading any applications it would make sense to inspect your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
Complete removal of TV Guru
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective eliminator of malware which permanently removes all types of malware and even the apps that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not delete TV Guru manually. It will provide the best level safety of your computer thanks to daily upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall TV Guru (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab