How to remove (uninstall) Universal Converter adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Universal Converter?
Universal Converter is a harmful advertising application. As you let adware install it will set another home page in your browser and irritate you with ads. It’s often a great challenge to completely delete this virus as its components are saved to the registry. People typically get such harmful app with various free applications or with torrents from websites they are not sure about. Owners of websites may attempt to earn in such a way by embedding malicious software to the archive with an app that is downloaded by visitors. You are advised to be attentive dealing with all those file downloaders since they often do countless annoying things like downloading malware, intervening settings of your browser and many other things. Universal Converter belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Universal Converter Easily
There are many techniques to uninstall Universal Converter from the system. You are welcome to read the guide till the end and perform the needed method. Speaking about the most effective and the fastest method of removal, so I should notice the programs that will help. According to my experience, the best way is to download and run special Universal Converter Removal Tool. Removal software that was created for a individual type of malware is the most effective. You can also use any other antivirus tool that has Universal Converter in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Universal Converter absolutely, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes Universal Converter right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Universal Converter removing
Step 1. Uninstall Universal Converter from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Universal Converter in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Universal Converter from your browser
Remove Universal Converter from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Universal Converter” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Universal Converter removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Universal Converter from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Universal Converter removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Universal Converter from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Universal Converter removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Universal Converter from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Universal Converter?
Here you will see some recommendations that will help you avoid installation of Universal Converter and issues with browser. Feel free to send those tips with your family and friends as they will really help you keep the PC secured from Universal Converter and any other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the web pages you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and get the program they were searching for. However, eventually this program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes that are irrelevant for you and you do not want to install.
- And even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
100% Universal Converter Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware eliminator which easily and quickly removes all kinds of adware and malware including those that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to delete Universal Converter manually as well. It provides the best level security to your PC thanks to regular updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Universal Converter (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab