How to remove (uninstall) Websafesearch.com easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Websafesearch.com?
Websafesearch.com is malware often called advertising software. After being installed this virus immediately changes the browser home page and creates popping up advertisement. Since this harmful app is stored in the system registry it could be not that easy to remove this adware from your PC. A habitual example of obtaining virus to your computer is when you download a song or any other content from torrents or any other website offering free applications. Adding malicious software into any type of apps can be a business the website owner runs allowing him to earn more money. A file downloader is an app that provides you with the sought file, however it also brings various offers which are well-known to any user: malware with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser, link redirections, programs that change browser starting page etc. By the way, Websafesearch.com is true malware.
How to remove Websafesearch.com Easily
There are a lot of methods to uninstall Websafesearch.com from your computer. You can look through the guide entirely and perform the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the facilest and the fastest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will uninstall the unwanted program. According to my experience, it is better to find and launch special Websafesearch.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was created especially for a single kind of computer infections is the most effective. You can also download any other antivirus program that has Websafesearch.com in the signature base. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Websafesearch.com 100%, you can get it clicking this download button.
- It removes Websafesearch.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Websafesearch.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Websafesearch.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Websafesearch.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Websafesearch.com from your browser
Remove Websafesearch.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Websafesearch.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Websafesearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Websafesearch.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Websafesearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Websafesearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Websafesearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Websafesearch.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Websafesearch.com?
Below you can find the recommendations that would help you avoid installation of Websafesearch.com and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show those tips with your family and friends just because they will definitely help you keep your PC safe and protected from Websafesearch.com and any other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and just download the app they need. However, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is full of colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that are not relevant and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would make sense to scan your system for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||97,1%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||91,0%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
How to fully remove Websafesearch.com
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware eliminator that quickly deletes all kinds of adware and malware and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to delete Websafesearch.com manually. It guarantees the highest level of protection to your PC due to daily upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Websafesearch.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab