How to remove (uninstall) Websearch.live easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Websearch.live?
Websearch.live is malware belonging to adware applications. As you agree to install this virus it will set a new home page of your browser and annoy you with ads. Since this malicious app is located in the system registry it could be not that easy to remove this adware from your computer. This malicious app is usually downloaded with some free software, torrents, different patches for PC games and other shareware apps and files. Actually, it is a way to earn money for some of website owners – they merely add dangerous software into the installation file and thus promote it. We recommend you not to rely on download assistants too much – remember that they typically do a lot of really bad things – for instance, from replacing the home page of a browser to downloading to your system adware, malware and even viruses. Websearch.live belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Websearch.live Comfortably
There are a lot of ways to uninstall Websearch.live from the system. It is better to look through the article till the end and use the needed method. Speaking about the easiest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should mention the programs that will delete the unwanted adware. According to my experience, the best way is to install and launch special Websearch.live Removal Tool. Removal software that was written especially for a separate class of malware is the most active. It is also possible to install any other antivirus software that has Websearch.live in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Websearch.live absolutely, you can download it clicking this button.
- It removes Websearch.live right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Websearch.live removing
Step 1. Uninstall Websearch.live from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Websearch.live in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Websearch.live from your browser
Remove Websearch.live from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Websearch.live” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Websearch.live removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Websearch.live from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Websearch.live removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Websearch.live from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Websearch.live removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Websearch.live from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Websearch.live?
Below you will find the recommendations which would help you prevent Websearch.live installation and issues with browser. Feel free to send those advice with your nearest and dearest since they will definitely help you keep the PC protected from Websearch.live and any other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People often make the same mistake and just download the needed application. However, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page seems to be malicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all things that don’t look relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- Even if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would be reasonable to inspect your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||42,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
Complete removal of Websearch.live
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware eliminator which quickly deletes all types of adware and malware including the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to remove Websearch.live yourself. It will provide the best level security to your system due to regular updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Websearch.live (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab