How to remove (uninstall) WeKnow Search adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is WeKnow Search?
WeKnow Search is malicious software often called adware. As adware is installed automatically it will change your home page in browser and add lots of ads to it. Since this malicious app is stored in the system registry it could be not that easy to delete this adware from your PC. Most users typically download such malicious software with shareware software or with torrent files from websites they do not really know. Inserting malware into various apps can be a business the website owner runs helping him earn more money. A file downloader is an app that provides a user with the needed file, but it also installs various ad offers which are known to all users: malware with annoying pop-up ads in a browser window, links with bad redirections, apps changing browser starting page etc. By the way, WeKnow Search is true malware.
How to remove WeKnow Search Comfortably
There are many ways to remove WeKnow Search from the PC. You can examine the page entirely and use the wanted removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest way of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will uninstall the undesired adware. As many specialists say, the best way is to find and launch efficient WeKnow Search Removal Tool. Removal software that was written for a single class of malware is the most efficient. You can also run any other antivirus software that has WeKnow Search in the signature base. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall WeKnow Search 100%, you are welcome to get it using this download button.
- It removes WeKnow Search right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual WeKnow Search removing
Step 1. Uninstall WeKnow Search from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain WeKnow Search in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall WeKnow Search from your browser
Remove WeKnow Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “WeKnow Search” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use WeKnow Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall WeKnow Search from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use WeKnow Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall WeKnow Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use WeKnow Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall WeKnow Search from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from WeKnow Search?
Here you will see some tips that would help you prevent installation of WeKnow Search and issues with browser. Feel free to send our tips with your family and friends as they will definitely allow you to keep your PC protected from WeKnow Search and any other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and download the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, later this program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we advise you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your PC after that!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes that don’t seem relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||97,1%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
Complete removal of WeKnow Search
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful eliminator of malware that easily and quickly removes all kinds of malware including the apps that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to delete WeKnow Search manually as well. It guarantees the best protection to your PC due to regular updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall WeKnow Search (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab