How to remove (uninstall) Widewebsearches.com adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Widewebsearches.com?
Widewebsearches.com is adware which can infest your PC. As you let adware install it will change the home page in the browser and annoy you with advertisement. Since this harmful app is kept in the registry of your system it is not that easy to uninstall this adware on your computer. A usual situation for getting virus to to the computer is cases when you download a program or other kind of content from a torrents website or any other resource offering free software. Owners of websites from time to time try to do content monetization in such a bad way and embed malicious software into the installation file of an app that is downloaded by users. A file downloader is an application that provides you with the necessary file, nevertheless it also brings different offers which are known to users: unneeded software with annoying ads popping up in a browser, link redirections, programs setting a new browser homepage and so on. Widewebsearches.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Widewebsearches.com Easily
There are many methods to uninstall Widewebsearches.com from the computer. You are welcome to examine the guide completely and perform the effective removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the fastest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to find and run efficient Widewebsearches.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was created especially for a single kind of malware is the most effective. It is also possible to install any other antimalware that has Widewebsearches.com in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Widewebsearches.com completely, you can get it clicking this button.
- It removes Widewebsearches.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Widewebsearches.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Widewebsearches.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Widewebsearches.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Widewebsearches.com from your browser
Remove Widewebsearches.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Widewebsearches.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Widewebsearches.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Widewebsearches.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Widewebsearches.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Widewebsearches.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Widewebsearches.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Widewebsearches.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Widewebsearches.com?
Here you will find some tips which will help you avoid installation of Widewebsearches.com and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share our suggestions with your friends and family members as they will certainly allow you to keep the PC safe and protected from Widewebsearches.com and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and download the needed application. Unfortunately, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it. And remember to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the all software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that are irrelevant for you and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you do not recall downloading anything it would be smart to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,9%|
Complete removal of Widewebsearches.com
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective eliminator of malware that quickly removes all kinds of adware and malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to remove Widewebsearches.com yourself. It guarantees the highest level of protection to your PC because it gets regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Widewebsearches.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab