How to remove (uninstall) Windows Security Center easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Windows Security Center?
Windows Security Center is adware that can cause harm to your PC. As adware is automatically installed it will change your home page in browser and add lots of ads to it. Since this harmful app is located in the registry it could be not that simple thing to uninstall this adware on your computer. A usual example of obtaining virus to your PC is when you download a movie or anything else from torrents or any other resource with free software. Owners of websites may attempt to earn in such a bad way by embedding malicious software to the archive with an application that will be downloaded by users. A file downloader is an application providing a user with the sought file, however it also brings different offers that are well-known to users: bad software with irritating advertisement popping up in the browser, links with bad redirections, programs changing homepage in the browser and so on. By the way, Windows Security Center is true malware.
How to remove Windows Security Center Simply
There are a lot of ways to uninstall Windows Security Center from your PC. It is better to read the guide completely and perform the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the facilest and the fastest method of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to install and use effective Windows Security Center Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a individual type of viruses is the most active. It is also possible to use any other antivirus tool that has Windows Security Center in the signature base. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Windows Security Center 100%, you are welcome to download it using this download button.
- It removes Windows Security Center right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Windows Security Center removing
Step 1. Uninstall Windows Security Center from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Windows Security Center in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Windows Security Center from your browser
Remove Windows Security Center from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Windows Security Center” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Windows Security Center removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Windows Security Center from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Windows Security Center removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Windows Security Center from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Windows Security Center removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Windows Security Center from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Windows Security Center?
Here you will find the recommendations which would help you prevent Windows Security Center installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share those tips with your family and friends just because they will really help you keep your computer safe and protected from Windows Security Center and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them on the web pages you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes which are unneeded for you and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you do not recall having downloaded any applications it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
Complete removal of Windows Security Center
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware uninstaller which easily deletes all kinds of malware including the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to remove Windows Security Center yourself. It provides the best safety of your system because it downloads regular updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Windows Security Center (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab