How to remove (uninstall) Winsecurity.info easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Winsecurity.info?
Winsecurity.info is malware that belongs to advertising software. As adware is installed automatically it will change the home page in browser and bring different ads to it. Virus components get to the system registry therefore it’s not an easy thing to remove this application. A typical situation for getting virus to your PC is when you try to download a program or anything else from a torrents website or any other resource with free software. Embedding malware into various software builds could be a business of a website owner allowing him to earn more money. We advise you not to count on file downloaders too much – remember that they often do lots of really bad things – for instance, from replacing the home page of a browser to infesting your system with malware and viruses. Not to exaggerate, Winsecurity.info is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Winsecurity.info Simply
There are numerous methods to uninstall Winsecurity.info from the PC. You can examine the guide till the end and perform the needed method. If we speak about the easiest and the promptest method of removal, so I should say about the programs that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to install and use effective Winsecurity.info Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a separate kind of viruses is the most effective. It is also possible to install any other antivirus software that has Winsecurity.info in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Winsecurity.info absolutely, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes Winsecurity.info right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Winsecurity.info removing
Step 1. Uninstall Winsecurity.info from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Winsecurity.info in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Winsecurity.info from your browser
Remove Winsecurity.info from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Winsecurity.info” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Winsecurity.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Winsecurity.info from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Winsecurity.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Winsecurity.info from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Winsecurity.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Winsecurity.info from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Winsecurity.info?
Here you will see some tips that will help you avoid installation of Winsecurity.info and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share those advice with your nearest and dearest just because they will really help you keep the PC safe and protected from Winsecurity.info and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and get the app they need. However, eventually this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC after that!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all things which are unneeded for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be smart to inspect your system for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
How to fully remove Winsecurity.info
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective eliminator of malware which permanently deletes all types of adware and malware and even those that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to delete Winsecurity.info manually as well. It provides the highest level of safety of your system thanks to regular updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Winsecurity.info (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab