How to remove (uninstall) WorkDefault (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is WorkDefault?
WorkDefault is a malicious app often called adware. After installation process is over this virus changes the home page and brings popping up advertisement. It’s often a challenge to completely remove this virus since its components are installed to the system registry. This malicious app is usually downloaded in the bunch with some free programs, torrents, various patches for video games and any other shareware apps and files. Inserting malicious software into different builds could be a business the website owner runs letting him earn more money. We recommend you not to rely on downloaders too much – please remember that they usually do many really bad things from changing a home page of a browser to downloading malware and viruses. By the way, WorkDefault is true malware.
How to remove WorkDefault Comfortably
There are many ways to uninstall WorkDefault from your PC. You are welcome to read the page completely and use the needed removal technique. Speaking about the facilest and the promptest technique of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and use efficient WorkDefault Removal Tool. Removal application that was created especially for a individual kind of viruses is the most active. You can also install any other antimalware that has WorkDefault in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall WorkDefault absolutely, you are welcome to download it clicking this button.
- It removes WorkDefault right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual WorkDefault removing
Step 1. Uninstall WorkDefault from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain WorkDefault in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall WorkDefault from your browser
Remove WorkDefault from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “WorkDefault” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use WorkDefault removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall WorkDefault from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use WorkDefault removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall WorkDefault from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use WorkDefault removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall WorkDefault from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from WorkDefault?
Here you can find the tips that would help you avoid WorkDefault installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send those tips with your friends and family members just because they will definitely allow you to keep your computer safe and protected from WorkDefault and other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and get the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the all app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes that don’t seem relevant and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you do not recall downloading anything it would be reasonable to scan your system for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
How to fully remove WorkDefault
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware eliminator that quickly deletes all kinds of malware including those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not delete WorkDefault yourself. It provides the best safety of your system because it gets daily updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall WorkDefault (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab