How to remove Social-enhancer.com ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Social-enhancer.com?
Social-enhancer.com is a dangerous advertising program. Once Social-enhancer.com is installed automatically it will change the browser home page and add lots of ads to it. It’s often a challenge to completely remove Social-enhancer.com because its components are installed to the system registry. A typical situation for downloading Social-enhancer.com to your computer is cases when you download a movie or other kind of content from a torrents website or any other resource with free content. Owners of websites from time to time attempt to monetize content that way by embedding malware to the installation file of an application that will be downloaded by users. We advise you not to rely on download assistants too much – keep in mind that these apps often do many unwanted things – for instance, from replacing a home page in your browser to downloading to your system viruses and malware. Social-enhancer.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Social-enhancer.com Easily
There are several techniques to uninstall Social-enhancer.com from the system. You are welcome to read the article till the end and choose the wanted method. If we speak about the easiest and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will help. According to my experience, it is better to find and use effective Social-enhancer.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was released for a separate class of viruses is the most active. You can also install any other antimalware that has Social-enhancer.com in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and get rid of Social-enhancer.com 100%, you can download it clicking this button.
- It removes Social-enhancer.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Social-enhancer.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Social-enhancer.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Social-enhancer.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Social-enhancer.com from your browser
Remove Social-enhancer.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Social-enhancer.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Social-enhancer.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Social-enhancer.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Social-enhancer.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Social-enhancer.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Social-enhancer.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Social-enhancer.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Social-enhancer.com?
Here you can find some recommendations which will help you avoid Social-enhancer.com installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to send those advice with your friends and family members just because they will definitely allow you to keep the PC safe and protected from Social-enhancer.com and other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you got them from the web pages you do not know well. People quite often commit the common mistake and download the program they were looking for. However, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or there are too many bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And remember to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things that are unneeded for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would be smart to scan your system for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||42,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
Complete removal of Social-enhancer.com
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware eliminator which easily and quickly deletes all kinds of adware and malware including the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to remove Social-enhancer.com manually. It provides the highest level of security to your computer due to daily upgrade of the base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab