How to remove Couponizer adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Couponizer?
Couponizer is an advertising app that can infest your PC. As you let Couponizer install it will set a new home page of the browser and drive you mad with advertisement. Couponizer files get into the system registry thus it turns out to be not an easy thing to get rid of this app. People often get this malicious software in the package with free applications or with torrent files from the places they don’t know well. Inserting malicious software into various builds can be a business of a website owner allowing him to earn more. A downloader is an app that provides a user with the sought file, nevertheless it also installs various offers that are well-known to users: bad software with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser window, links with bad redirections, apps setting a new browser homepage and so on. Couponizer belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Couponizer Comfortably
There are numerous methods to get rid of Couponizer from the computer. It is better to examine the guide entirely and use the wanted way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should mention the programs that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to install and launch special Couponizer Removal Tool. Removal application that was written for a single class of viruses is the most effective. You are welcome also to use any other antivirus tool that has Couponizer in the signature base. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Couponizer 100%, you are welcome to download it using this button.
- It removes Couponizer right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Couponizer removing
Step 1. Uninstall Couponizer from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Couponizer in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Couponizer from your browser
Remove Couponizer from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Couponizer” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Couponizer removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Couponizer from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Couponizer removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Couponizer from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Couponizer removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Couponizer from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Couponizer?
Here you can see some recommendations which will help you prevent Couponizer installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send our tips with your friends and family members since they will definitely help you keep the PC protected from Couponizer and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People quite often make the same mistake and get the needed application. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a website looks suspicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes which are unneeded and you do not want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not remember having downloaded any software it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
100% Couponizer Removal
Spyhunter is the most effective malware uninstaller which quickly deletes all kinds of malware including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to uninstall Couponizer yourself. It will provide the highest level of safety of your computer because it downloads regular upgrade of the base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab