How to remove Invite Friends (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Invite Friends?
Invite Friends is adware that can be harmful to your computer. After being installed Invite Friends quickly changes the home page and brings ads. As this malware is kept in the registry it could be not that simple thing to delete Invite Friends from your computer. Most users often download such harmful app in the package with various free software or with torrents from websites they do not really know. People who own websites may try to earn in such a way by adding malicious software to the archive with an app that is downloaded by visitors. A downloader is a program providing a user with the needed file, however it also brings different ad offers that are known to users: unneeded software with irritating ads popping up in the browser, redirected links, applications that change browser starting page and so on. Invite Friends belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Invite Friends Comfortably
There are many ways to eliminate Invite Friends from your system. You can look through the page till the end and use the wanted way of removal. If we speak about the facilest and the promptest method of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to install and run special Invite Friends Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a single kind of computer infections is the most active. It is also possible to download any other antivirus program that has Invite Friends in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and get rid of Invite Friends absolutely, you are welcome to install it clicking this button.
- It removes Invite Friends right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Invite Friends removing
Step 1. Uninstall Invite Friends from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Invite Friends in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Invite Friends from your browser
Remove Invite Friends from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Invite Friends” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Invite Friends removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Invite Friends from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Invite Friends removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Invite Friends from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Invite Friends removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Invite Friends from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Invite Friends?
Below you will find the useful recommendations that would help you avoid Invite Friends installation and issues with browser. Feel free to share those suggestions with your family and friends since they will really help you keep your PC safe and protected from Invite Friends and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the same mistake and get the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And remember to check your PC after that!
- Stay attentive during the all app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that don’t look relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even in case if you don’t remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
How to fully remove Invite Friends
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware uninstaller which easily and quickly removes all types of adware and malware and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not delete Invite Friends manually as well. It provides the best level protection to your PC because it gets regular updating of the base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab